I'm Ben and this is my blog. Its been a year now since I graduated from Swinburne University with a Bachelor in Information Technology. I now spend most of my days working with three amigos hacking away at Inlight Media. I've been with them since the start of this year and we've been rockin out websites and applications all year.
From all that software development has come a lot of ideas and problem solving. The idea of this blog is to get these things out of my head and onto paper (figuratively). It also motivates me to wrap my work up properly in a reusable way with the documentation it should have. This site is built on CakePHP (framework of choice at the moment), its source code is managed using a Git & Dropbox solution. Over the coming months I'm hoping to roll out some cool updates, as there has been a lot removed from this initial release because I wanted to get the site out there and doing what it aims to do.
Enjoy the site, visit regularly and I'll catch you in the comments.
Recent code snippets:
Some of my most recently posted code snippets on Snipplr... just because it might be of interest.
- 12 May .htaccess config for HTML5 videos
- 08 Feb .htaccess redirect to subfolder (ie, public folder)
- 04 Jan IE8 PNG Fading Transparency Fix
- 05 Jan Wordpress RSS XML Space Error
- 06 Dec Multiple Virtual Hosts on Mac
- 25 Nov PHP Enumeration Constant Reflection
- 19 Nov PHP HTTP POST images & files
- 07 Nov Sinatra Ajax Layout
- 03 Nov jQuery Log Function
- 17 Sep Fix IE6 Input Box Padding
- 15 Sep PHP REST
- 11 Aug CakePHP highlight active menu item for page
- 13 Jul Remove dotted focus border in Firefox
- 02 Jul Check Ajax in CakePHP
- 22 Jun Eliminate scroll bar jumping
- 21 Jun Min-Height CSS Hack
- 11 Jun Make IE8 act like IE7
- 14 Apr Header Image Replacement
- 09 Jun iPhone Meta Tags
- 03 Jun Remove all .svn externals
- 17 Sep CSS Enhancements
- 02 Jul CSS - Hide form submit text value